Our Coalition along with Just Against Children Drowning and The Florida Department of Health in Collier County held a dove release ceremony and a 1-2 mile candlelit beach walk last Friday, January 13th to remember the 41 children who have lost their lives, due to drowning in Collier County, since 2000 and the 13 month old twins, Joshua and Christian, who lost their lives seven years ago.
Special thanks to the following organizations for helping us to raise awareness about the importance of drowning prevention:
- Just Against Children Drowning
- Florida Department of Health in Collier
- Healthcare Network of Southwest Florida
- North Collier Fire Rescue District
- NCH Healthcare System Pediatrics ER
- Collier County Sheriff’s Office
- Special Olympics Florida – Collier County
- White Doves of Naples & many wonderful volunteers.
Naples Daily News
We are asking all home owners, apartment communities, pool stores, realtors, home owners associations and rental home owners to provide important information about drowning prevention. Please implement the layers of protection: supervision, swimming lessons, barriers (door and window alarms/pool fences) and know how to respond/provide CPR in the case of emergency to prevent future drowning tragedies in Collier County.