Congratulations and thank you so much for everything that you do daily for the children in Collier County!
Awardees Announced for the 4th Annual Golden Baby Shoe Awards
FORT MYERS, FLORIDA, July 24, 2013: The Golden Baby Shoe Awards recognizes individuals who show outstanding efforts for improving the health and well-being of pregnant women or babies throughout Collier, Glades, Hendry and Lee Counties. The event will be hosted by Stephanie Summers of Fox 4’s “The Morning Blend” with Richard Aikin CEO of Healthcare Network of Southwest Florida and the Chair of the Lee Memorial Health System Board of Directors as the keynote speaker. Event sponsors include Fox 4, Lee Memorial Health System, and Tuscan and Company.
On August 24, the following six hardworking individuals will be honored for their enthusiasm and dedication for going above and beyond on behalf of families with young children throughout Southwest Florida:
- John Bartlett MD (Lifetime Achievement Awardee)- Pediatrician with Physicians Primary Care (PPC) Pediatrics
- Jill Carpenter, BSW- Team Leader for Lee Memorial Home Health Healthy Start team
- Trina Puddefoot– Early Steps Program Director for the Health Planning Council of SWFL
- Lasheba Travis, PhD- Program Director of Biomedical Sciences, Keiser University and former Program Manager for The Florida Department of Health in Hendry and Glades Counties
- Nancy Travis, RN,BC,CPN,CBC,BSN,MS – Director of Women’s Care for Cape Coral Hospital
- Todd Vedder MD- Pediatrician with NCH Healthcare and Chair of the Safe and Healthy Children’s Coalition of Collier County
When: Saturday August 24, 2013, 6:00-9:00 pm
Where: The Club at Grandezza, 11481 Grande Oak Boulevard, Estero Florida
Tickets and Event Information: www.GoldenBabyShoe.org, or (239) 425-6920
The Golden Baby Shoe Awards is a program of Healthy Start Southwest Florida. Healthy Start is a non-profit, 501(c)(3) serving Collier, Glades, Hendry, and Lee Counties since 1992. We help ensure moms and babies have access to needed medical care, community services, and health education to help give their baby a Healthy Start in life. Last year Healthy Start served more than 17,000 pregnant women, babies and young children up to age three who were at higher risk for poor health outcomes. 94 cents of every dollar received goes to local services.
Healthy Start Coalition of Southwest Florida, Inc.
1921 Jefferson Ave. Fort Myers, Florida 33901 * 3353 Radio Road, Naples Florida 34104- Phone (239) 429-6920 www.HealthyStartBaby.org