The Kids on the GO! 9-5-2-1-0 VIRTUAL program!
Welcome to The VIRTUAL Kids on the Go! Program, where elementary and middle school children can set goals, build grit and continue strong health habits. This program will continue to follow the 9-5-2-1-0 health habits and complete a marathon distance over several months. This program is provided free through sponsors, donors and supporters including NCH Safe and Healthy Children’s Coalition, University of Florida Nutrition Extension Office, Gulf Coast Runners, Walmart Giving, Collier County Parks & Recreation, Blue Zones Project of SW Florida and many local businesses.
2020-21 SY Program Requirements:
- Open to Collier County children in elementary and middle school
- Deadline to register is Friday, January 1st, 2021 (must be done through RunSigUp)
- Click here to register
- Email with detailed information and mileage logs will be sent between Wednesday, December 16th, 2020 to Friday, January 1st, 2021 to everyone who registered through RunSignUP
- VIRTUAL PROGRAM FIRST MILE KICKOFF TIMEFRAME Friday, December 18th through Monday, January 4th, 2021
- Children/families are asked to share their kick off mile pictures as well as their milestone pics (5, 10, 15, 20 and 25 miles) including their school TWITTER, FACEBOOK or INSTAGRAM account information and hashtag #KidsOnTheGO
- Children will need to complete 2 miles per week on average and should be recorded in at least .25 increments (physical activities will not be converted into miles, this is a walk/jog/run program)
- 3 mileage logs will be provided for tracking at home/virtually
- 3 links will be provided to enter mileage by scheduled due dates below:
- 1st mileage report deadline Friday, January 29th, 2021 (approximately 8 miles logged)
- 2nd mileage report deadline Friday, February 26th, 2021 (bibs/medals will be ordered based on students with at least 15 miles reported in this link by this deadline)
- Final mileage report deadline Monday, March 29th, 2021
- Participating children who have completed 24 miles by Monday, March 29th can pick up their bibs and medals during the week of Monday, April 5th to Friday April 9th, location will be announced in February.
- First 1,000 registered participants who complete the 24 miles will get a shirt.
- The expectation is that all participants will achieve 26.2 or more miles by Wednesday, April 14th, 2021 (4 month program – feel free to set your own goals if you need a greater challenge)
- VIRTUAL FINAL MILE WEEKEND Friday, April 9th, 2020 through Wednesday, April 14th, 2020 – share your final mile pic through social media wearing bib and medal and please include your school account and the hashtag #KidsOnTheGO
Do you need a place where you can run/walk the 26.2 miles? Check out Collier County Parks & Recreation areas new mile courses or use your own safe community locations. The following parks from Collier County Parks & Recreation have markings (Start, .25, .5 and 1 mile):
Sugden Regional Park
284 Avalon Drive, Naples, FL 34112 239.252.4414
Vineyards Community Park
6231 Arbor Boulevard W., Naples, FL 34119 239.252.4105
North Collier Regional Park
15000 Livingston Road, Naples, FL 34109 239.252.4000
Golden Gate Community Park
3300 Santa Barbara Boulevard, Naples, FL 34116 239.252.6128
Gordon River Greenway
1596 Goodlette-Frank Road, Naples, FL 34105 239.252.4000
Airport Park in Immokalee –
330 Airways Road, Immokalee, FL 34142 239.252.4449
Special THANKS to our partners and sponsors: